Before you can enter our festival, online, you will need to register with our system at ‘Run My Festival’. Once you have registered, you can log in and record your entries. On the log in page, if you have already registered, simply go to the top of the page to log in.
Please check your spam if you don’t see emails from the system immediately. Please ask anyone else you are including to also check for emails. For anyone who needs permission from parents, there is a link to a useful parental permission slip, which you can adapt for your own use.
THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS 22nd JANUARY 2021 – AND FOR ‘LATE ENTRIES’ – 29th JANUARY
If you are entering pupils from a number of schools, but want that school to be named on the invoice, enter these pupils in a separate batch. The email will still come to your email, but you will then be able to forward it to the school for payment, or you have the option of including the email of the person who will deal with the invoice.
Please ask anyone else you are including to also check their spam for emails. Before creating entries, if anyone for whom you are creating entries, such as pupils, is under the age of 18, you will need to have their date of birth, so it would probably be helpful if you accessed that information prior to creating entries. If no date of birth is provided, it will be assumed that the performer/s is/are adults, and will be charged an entry fee at the adult rate.
Once you have registered, you need to create entrants, so click on entrants, at the top of the screen and select About Entrants. Once you have read these instructions, you can go ahead and click on Entrants and select New.
An entrant can be an individual or a group such as a team or an orchestra. For duos/duets/trios, each performer should be an individual entrant (even if they are not performing solo, then you can create a new ‘Entrant’, selecting ‘Group with People’ and select their name from the list, to create the duo/trio.
Once you have created as many entrants as you want, you can then enter them in as many classes as you want. When choosing a class, go first to the top of the page and select a section e.g. ‘Solo Brass’, ‘Speech’, ‘Singing’ or ‘Bands and Orchestras’ etc., or you can search for a class by number, if you already know the number of the class.
Once you have created your entries (referred to as Entry Forms), you will be emailed an invoice which you can pay in several ways: PayPal, BACS, PECOS, cheque or cash. Follow all on-screen instructions. When asked to enter ‘Piece details’ in ‘Own Choice’ classes, the form to be filled in is above the request to supply the details.
- Read the syllabus carefully.
- Make sure you have chosen the correct class or classes.
- Find out the date of birth of any individual solo performers who are under 18.
A GUIDE TO COMPLETING AN ONLINE ENTRY
- Use the online entry system, which is run by ‘Run My Festival’ on our behalf. Entries opened on 1st November 2020.
- If you do not know the Own Choice details in time for the closing date, you will still have until 1st February to update these details online.
- The closing date for online entries is now 22nd January 2021. If you realise you have forgotten to submit an entry in time, a late entry may be submitted up to 29th January along with a surcharge of £10 per entry.
- Deadlines for submission of performance videos:
Gaelic classes – 1st March
Percussion classes – 2nd March
Speech classes – 4th March
Pipe band solos – 4th March
Dance – 6th March
- Deadline for all other classes – 8th March
- Send in either 1 or 2 copies, as appropriate, of any Own Choice selections, clearly marked as to ownership, Class No. and entrant’s name, by 1st February 2021, avoid attaching copies of scripts or music to entry forms, again checking postage costs.
- Please quote the PIP number on your invoice, when you pay, so that we can tie the payment to your entry.
- If you don’t have internet access and would prefer to submit paper entries, copies of the Entry Form are available in Concorde Music Shop, Scott Street, or on request from the festival. (A copy is also provided below).